Embedded Wi-Fi RF Module Based On Espressif ESP32-S2 Including The Powerful Xtensa® 32-bit LX7 CPU
Panasonic’s PAN9520 Series RF Module is a 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n Embedded Wi‑Fi RF Module based on Espressif ESP32-S2, including the powerful Xtensa® 32-bit LX7 CPU. An integrated chip antenna and QSPI memory enable the PAN9520 Series RF Module to be used in a variety of stand-alone or host-controlled applications.
The integrated crystal ensures connection performance over the full temperature range and lifetime. Although the PAN9520 Series is one of the smallest RF Modules on the market, it offers a rich set of peripherals like full-speed USB OTG, SPI, UART, I²C, and much more.
The PAN9520 Series RF Module combines a high‑performance CPU, high‑sensitivity wireless radio, baseband (BB) processor, Medium Access Controller (MAC), encryption unit, ROM bootloader, chip-internal SRAM, and module-internal QSPI flash and PSRAM. Features as CCMP, TKIP, WAPI, WEP, BIP, and an AES accelerator enable the usage of secure data connections.
Parallel support of access point and station mode allows easy setup of simultaneous Wi‑Fi connections from the RF Module to smart devices and home network routers.
With the Espressif Integrated Development Framework (ESP-IDF), the software can be developed for a wide range of applications. At the same time, a huge number of software examples can be used as starting point for the development. Besides, Espressif’s s AT software can be used which is available as binary. Moreover, the AT software sources can be cloned and adapted.
General Features and Benefits
- Embedded 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n RF Module
- Xtensa Single-Core 32-bit LX7 Microprocessor, Up To 240 MHz
- Chip Internal 128 kB ROM, 320 kB SRAM, And 16 kB Low Power SRAM
- Integrated QSPI Flash And PSRAM; Depends On Product Version:
- 4MB Flash /2 MB PSRAM
- 1MB Flash / No PSRAM
- All Security Features Required For WPA2 And WPA3 Personal
- Espressif Integrated Development Framework (ESP-IDF) With A Multitude Of Examples Available For Software Development.
- Supports 20 MHz And 40 MHz Bandwidths In 2.4 GHz Band With Data Rates Up To 150 Mbps
- Simultaneous Support For Infrastructure Station, SoftAP, And Promiscuous Modes
- 802.11mc Fine Time Measurement (FTM)
- 43× Programmable GPIOs With A Rich Set Of Alternative Functionalities