Pitch Connectors That Allow Mechanical Design Flexibility.
The Panasonic Y3B Series Connectors are 0.3mm Pitch Connectors used to secure FPC/FFC with a locking lever. These Connectors use a back lock type construction which contributes to a slim design of 3.15mm width. The low profile design of 0.9mm height facilitates device miniaturization.
The back lock construction eliminates the possibility of the lever from accidentally opening if the FPC is tilted upwards, preventing a common failure mode. Additionally, the lever locking mechanism can also save time and effort on the assembly production line as the Connector is delivered with the lever already in the open position.
The use of double top and bottom contacts construction allows for an improvement of mechanical design flexibility and eliminates the need of using different Connectors depending on the FPC wiring conditions. The wall moldings on the four sides on the FPC inlet make positional displacement of the FPC/FFC less likely to occur during insertion.
- Double top and bottom contacts
- Allow wiring patterns to be placed under the connector
- Wall moldings on the four side of the FPC inlet
- Back lock construction that eliminates the possibility of the lever from accidentally opening
- Efficient lever locking mechanism
- Connectors with nickel barrier terminals that are highly resistance to solder creepage